Re: [APD] Chloramines in my tap water

"Douglas Guynn" <d_guynn at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Do any of you have any information on using tap water containing chloramines
to raise Daphnia? I understand that using the typical chemical treatments
leaves compounds that are bad for the Daphnia.

Any one have any treatments that would work?

Slow filtering through a carbon block filter will remove it without the Daphnia-killing stuff (formaldehyde-like) that's in dechloraminators.

That said, don't bother. My experience, with moderate chloramine levels (typically 2 ppm) when I lived in Fremont, was that Daphnia are not bothered by either chlorine or chloramine, anyway.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley - Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514 - whuntley at verizon_net
                    760 872-3995

        "WAR, n.  A by-product of the arts of peace."
                   Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_