RE: [APD] DIY CO2 & white slimey stuff

Hi,
   What is the white slimey stuff that is sometimes found on the end of the
tube inside the tank of a DIY CO2 setup (sugar, water, yeast, baking soda)?
I assume it is some type of mold?  I have never had that much of a problem
with it.  Usually I just find a little bit.  However, in one of my tanks, I
am finding lots of the white slimey stuff.  What causes it and how can I
stop it?  Also, is it harmful to aquarium creatures?  Thank you for your
help!

Sincerely,
Sherry Quinn

"Secure Server" made the following
 annotations on 05/17/2004 11:07:32 AM
------------------------------"This e-mail, including attachments, may include
confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not
the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately."