Re: [APD] Hair Algae Help!!

Rachel asked about NO3 levels. Good thing to check. You can
also cut your lights back to 10 hours. 10 to 12 is mucho
plenty time for lights on. If they aren't on a timer, you
can get one for a few bucks. How much light do you have on
the tank? 1.5-2 watts per gallon is plenty if you don't add
CO2. 2-3 watts if you do.

Keep up with cleaning out what you can by hand, get you
chem levels in balance 10 to 1 NO3 to PO4 with NO3 at about
5 to 10 ppm. Dose Potassium to about 20 ppm -- you can
check the archives for Tom Barr's not-test-kit regimen for
dosing and water changes. The balance and mechanical
cleaning will get you at least 90% of the way there. Adding
CO2 can help too.

Scott H,
--- Brian Fish <dychung1015 at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Please help!!  I've been battling with hair algae for
> almost a month and I
> am losing it.  I've done 30% water change every week and
> reduced to half of
> suggested dose of Flourish EXCEL, Potassium, and
> Flourish. Please suggest
> any other things I could do.  It's a 10 Gal planted tank
> with 6700K
> fluorescent light.  My light is on about 12-14 hours each
> day.
>
> Thanks
> Brian

=====
Field Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and The Aquarium Center
First event of the AGA Annual Convention Nov 12, 13 & 14;
Details & Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org  & www.gwapa.org