[APD] calcium carbonate/sodium bicarbonate and invertebrates

I want to go over this again. When it comes to buffering water, sodium
bicarbonate is suggested.  However, I want to know if this is something that
invertebrates are able to utilize or not?  I add Calcium Cloride but recently read on
an invertebrate site that they need calcium carbonate for moulting.  Should I
get another product to provide the calcium carbonate?

And, does anyone know what is in Kalkwasser?

Thanks!