RE: [APD] Cop rant

-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces+rick703=mts_net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+rick703=mts_net at actwin.com]On Behalf Of
S. Hieber
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 7:20 PM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: Re: [APD] Cop rant

Good point Bill. In fact, I work for a police department
and happen to no a few thousand of the men and women. Turns
out they have about the same ratio of jerks as any other
large group of humans, even aquatic hobbyists. For every
police officer job opening, we process about 500 -1000
applicants -- so we get to be choosy about hiring. American
Idol has a higher turndown rate, but then, they only have
to fill one slot per year. ;-)

The most dangerous job in the USA, in terms of assaults and
fatalities per number of persons employed is, you guessed
it, convenience store clerk.

But I hope everyone will note that you never read in the
newspaper about someone holding up a lfs and making off
with the fish and plants. Aquatic hobbyists, on the whole
seem to be a nonviolent crowd. :-)

And, back to water changes. . .
regards,
Scott H.
-

thx to both you and Bill for those responses. I retired last June after
serving 32 years on a Canadian Police Force and was proud to be a member of
that fraternity. I really had to hold back from responding initially to what
was nothing more than an ignorant comment. I also belong to an Internet
Group of fellowship with other Officers, their families and friends. Some of
those Officers are presently serving your Country in Iraq and when they
return they will go back to patrolling the Highways. We as a group send out
hundreds of cards each year to families of Officers killed in the line of
duty so  I have little tolerance for comments like that made on this list.
I'll get off my soap box now.

Rick