[APD] Re: Amquel Plus

Andrew McLeod wrote:
> Doesn't Seachem Prime claim to do something similar?
> Does Prime prevent plants from uptaking nitrates?
And
> how much nitrite will it actually deal with?

Andrew, there was a discussion on Robert H's
Aquabotanic board a while back on this very subject
and I contacted Seachem.  Their response led me to
believe that at normal dosage Prime has little effect
on nitrites or nitrates.  At the heavier dosage
recommended on the bottle, Seachem believes the
nitrite and nitrate are bound and held in an inert
state, but apparently the mechanism is not well
understood.

You can find the whole discussion here, if the link
works: http://tinyurl.com/25e79

Neal