Re: [APD] Amquel Plus

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, MJPinckard wrote:

> A new version of Amquel, called "Amquel Plus" claims to sequester
> nitrites and nitrates in addition to the standard
> chlorine/chloramine/ammonia group.

I have heard that the patent expired on Amquel or something to that
effect, and Kordon is now making "Amquel Plus" on their own instead of
buying it from John Kuhns (AquaScience Research Group) who invented it and
used to make and sell it to Kordon.  Aquascience, meanwhile, is selling
"Ultimate", which I hear is similar to Amquel and Novaqua combined, on
their site.  They also have a pretty nasty dig on AmQuel-Plus on their
site that's worth reading and directly addresses your question on the
nitrate removal.  ARG's URL is:

http://petsforum.com/aquascience/

Disclaimer: I don't work for either company, though I have layed out ads
for both in  a volunteer magazine I work on.  I still am halfway through
my last gallon of Amquel (no plus), and will be happy to replace it with
Ultimate when it runs out, if I can ever figure out where I can buy the
stuff...

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson