Re: [APD] Cork tiles from the hardware store as tank background- nonatural cork available in Aust.

> --- Damian Barton <daemondamian at ozemail_com.au> wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> > There is no natural cork tiles or bark available here in
> > Australia.

Natural cork is available in Australia from orchid vendors.
I have several pieces that look same as on the the web site just posted.
Ray Clement has it listed here:
http://www.tinoneeorchids.com/accessories.html
CORK
Virgin Cork Slabs (random sizes) $18.00/kg
Cork Guide: 1m2 surface area = approx. 2½kg

The bits I have for my rochids look very nice.
I  just took a few shots of one that I am not using at the moment.
http://www.sarcanthinae.com/Cork

If you want to inspect before you purchase I am sure Ray may be able to help
find a palce close by.
Rob - Sydney