Re: [APD] RO/DI units

I can't advise on which RO unit to buy but to check
performance, an electrictrical conductivity test might be a
good general test. RO ought to measure about 5-15
microSiemens; Di water should read about 0-1 microSiemens.

There are lots of conductivity testers around, including
small pocket-sized models. American Marine (Pinpoint) also
makes a very reliable model.

Scott H.

--- Chad Sutton <chadsutton at tampabay_rr.com> wrote:
> How do I know which unit to purchase?  There seems to be
> an explosion of
> these lately.  I would like to store around 200 gallons
> of the RO/DI water
> which I will use to mix saltwater in another container.
> What tests can I
> perform to make sure the ro unit is working correctly,
> chlorine, phosphates,
> ammonia, etc?

=====
Field Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and The Aquarium Center
First event of the AGA Annual Convention Nov 12, 13 & 14;
Details & Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org  & www.gwapa.org