Re: [APD] snails clogging up filter outtake

One way to address the problem is to ditch the output tube
with the little holes and let the water flow straight out
of the J-tube.

Are you using a polyester floss pad at the top of the
eheim. If you can impede all but the smallest making it
into the pump, they might flow right on out of the spraybar
holes. I'm not sure that this will work because,
unfortunately, the 2213 doesn't have much waterflow under
any circumstances, only about 50-100 gph, depending on
biofilm buildup in the tubes and how loaded the media is.

Scott H.
--- piaba <piabinha at yahoo_com> wrote:
> i wonder if anyone else has had this problem?  my 29
> gallon tank is filtered by an Eheim 2213.  lately the
> holes in the outtake tube have been closing off and
> when i go clean it up, the culprits are there and
> stuck.  baby trumpet snails.  after i clean them, they
> get clogged up again in a few hours.  anyone has any
> thoughts on how to deal with this?
>

> tsuh yang

=====
Field Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and The Aquarium Center
First event of the AGA Annual Convention Nov 12, 13 & 14;
Details & Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org  & www.gwapa.org