Re: [APD] Wattage To Use

This is the reason it is difficult to determine your lighting by the number of
watts per gallon. One incandescent watt is different than a CF, NF, or VHO
watt. Each different kind of light has a different light output per watt.
Generally when people recommend using X many watts per gallon they are
assuming you are using some form of fluorescent lamp. Therefore, I would refer
to the actual wattage of the bulbs (27 watts).  You also need to keep in mind
that those kinds of CF bulbs (the swirly ones) waste a lot of light, thus they
are not as efficient as a straight 27 watt CF bulb.  Personally I would use at
least two of those bulbs for a 29 gallon tank.