[APD] Re: treating for both in well water

Perhaps I read that post wrong, but I don't suggest treating for
ammonia/clorine/cloramines in well water unless you've tested it and found this sort of
thing present.  I have well water and have none of those things, although I have
a whole house filter because I get sand in my water.  I used to add declor
products "just in case" and it didnt seem to matter in my larger tanks. However,
my 10 gallon Q tank in which I did frequent water changes, I persistent green
water and poor luck with Ottos (ok, I realize that Ottos are sensitive,
but...).  One day I decided against using declor. Believe it or not, with that
first un-declor water change, the green water started going away.  Within a few
days, it was gone!  It hasn't come back and I haven't lost an Otto since (knocks
on wood).  I'm not quite sure I subscribe to the theory to add chemicals
"just in case" (although I did before).   Maybe we ought to find out if they are
necessary first?