[APD] Re: Hydra

A little flubendazole will get rid of the hydra but not your plants, fish, or ordinary hardy snails.

I used 25mg of 5% flubendazole powder for 12G tanks and 100mg for 29G tanks and all hydra vanished over about 4 days--first drawing in their tentacles and not moving--and 5 days and a water change after adding the flubendazole--disappearing completely. One tank required a doubling of that dose. A search of the archives will give alternate dosing regimens.

My fish, plants, MTS, ramshorn snails, and amano shrimp and cherry shrimp were not affected, and neither were the pond snails (sigh!).

--diane brown in st. louis