[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 8, Issue 16

Diane Brown wrote:
I bought some nice sturdy "brazil Swords" before I knew
they were not true aquatic plants...

I think you are referring to Spathiphyllum wallisii; they can indeed be grown submerged for indefinite periods of time.

That is exactly what I was referring to. I called them "brazil swords" in my post because that is how I've seen them labelled in several pet shops....not easy to tell from that, if you're a newbie, that it it fundamentally different from an amazon sword or red rubin sword or microsword in that it prefers to live above the waterline. And they only grew algae in my tanks before I removed them. Out of the water, they grow blooms.

--diane brown