RE:[APD] Dosing when lights are on or off???

I dose at night.  I though plants grow at night, dose this mean they take up ferts at night?  And I've read that the lights might break up the iron bond?  I don't know.  I don't think it is critical, just my opinion.

Greg

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:56:18 +0000
From: "red kelvin" <veryredkelvin at hotmail_com>
Subject: [APD] Dosing when lights are on or off???
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

Hi,

I dose ferrous gluconate on a daily basis (Same iron as in Seachem
products). Plants consume the thing in a matter of few hours. But work
schedule sometime doesn't allow me to see my tank when lights are on.
So my
question is - on those busy days - does it make sense to dose at
midnight??
I mean - would plants consume it and then use it for photosynthesis the
day
after? What's the ideal strategy? Dose the minutes lights are on?

VRK.