[APD] Re: plants in sanitary sewers

Our local club HAP has just initiated changes so that we won't get propagation credit for some potentially nuisance species, and he suggested that drying and burning were the only safe way to dispose of those plants--he specifically suggested that composting was not safe enough. I've been putting cuttings in my worm bin, where they should get eaten, but they aren't subjected to the same high temps they would if composted.

I'm thinking that maybe I should "cook" them (oven? microwave? pressure cooker?) because I don't have a fireplace. But really, just how resilient is hygro polysperma outside water?

Diane Brown in St. Louis