RE: [APD] RE: CF retrofit suggestions

Quoting Bob Crosby <rtcrosby at charter_net>:

> Excuse me for seeming to attempt to oversimplify this but since heat
> rises, isn't the most effective, cheapest, and easiest to just vent the
> top of the hood. I've always thought that the less mechanical (or
> electrical as the case might be) systems one must involve, the less
> chance there is of breakdown, overheating, etc.

You are right, but you are also right that it is not aesthetically pleasing. If
my hood was high enough up so you wouldn't see the top, I would have no
problems with putting holes in it. However, it isnt, so I just put 2 fans in
the back of it. It's easy, cheap, and you don't even know they are there.