[APD] RE: computer fans

Just thought I'd add something. If you have a fan that's too loud, then you can put in a small resistor in series with the fan to help slow it down. It pushed less air, but it won't be as noisy. A good place to start is around 50 ohms. 100 ohms will slow most fans at 12V down too much to really be effective IMHO.

You can also either run two fans in series or run a single fan off a voltage less than 12V, say, like 6V, for similar noise damping effects.

Chris

"Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to withstand forces we cannot really predict in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."