RE: [APD] Re: Planting bunched plants

I never really understood  why people say to throw away the bottom. I cut the
stem fairly low and then replant the top and leave the bottom to sprout new
shoots... as long as the area is densly planted and the old bottom is cut
fairly short, it will pretty much be hidden from view. I think the reason
people say to do that is so you dont have plants that look like you have taken
a lawn mower to them. I throw the bottom away if it is in a place where it
will look ugly, otherwise I leave it to help increase the density of my
planting.