[APD] Re:Failed CF Retrofit - Don't let it happen to you!

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:35:15 -0500
From: Robert Zink <bonsai at hrcreditunion_net>
Subject: [APD] Failed CF Retrofit - Don't let it happen to you!
To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>

> So finally I get to my question. I want to go back to the drawing board.
What type of suitable lamps can I put in this hood as it is?

Inside, it measures 23 inches long, 3.5 inches wide at the bottom, 1.5
inches wide at the top and 2 inches high. Cross sectional shape like this:

 __
/  \

Check out GE F40/30 biax lamps: http://tinyurl.com/34nam

I use one of these lamps on a 20 gallon tank, overdriven slightly with a 2-lamp F32T8 ballast. It's exactly the right size for what you describe, but maybe not quite enough light for you.

Best regards,
Bob