Re: [APD] Re: Python Flow Rate

Nothing beats a python for simple drain and fill.

But for draining, another option is to putogether a few
pieces of PVC to make a siphon drain, put a good pump on
one end and decent diameter hose on the other. If you don't
want to mess with selection and assembly of PVC you can buy
such a thing here:

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/HARDWARE_/Safety_Siphon_Aquarium_Drain/safety_siphon_aquarium_drain.html

Even the vendor will tell you that you can make one of
these without too much trouble or cost. But if you do so,
do it in a *well ventilated* area.

I can drain half my 150g in about 5 minutes and that's
going through about 50' of hose. And instead of sending the
water down the sink drain, I send it to my back yard,
which, in it's own way, shows much appreciaton. Haven't
figured out how to speed up the refill part of the
operation yet :-\  .

Scott H.

=====
S. Hieber
Aquascaping by Takashi Amano and more at
the AGA 2004 Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14; Marriott Crystal Gateway, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association www.aquatic-gardeners.org