Re: [APD] Re: why add PO4 and NO3?

Thanks for the timely and thorough answer.

I am afraid I missed the APC chat with Tom Barr, do you happen to know how
to read an archive of it?

I am using a very rich substrate combo.  I have layered (from bottom to
top), peat, mulm, Flora Base, and Fluorite.  I think that in combo with my
filter (Eheim 2213 with biomedia from established tank), and my heavy fish
load have led to improper application of the Barr method, and the growth of
algae.

I plan on picking up Walstad's book as soon as I can, as it seems to be one
of the few decently up-to-date publications out there.

Thanks again,
Jared

"With great power, Comes great responsibility"