Re: [APD] Re: Chemical (mis?)information

S. Hieber wrote:
I've seen references to as many as 35% of water providers
using chloramines. Well, actually, I've seen references to
95% and 100% but I've only seen those large percentages on
fish, pond, and plant lists.

There are cases, mainly in agricultural areas, where the water treatment plant uses only chlorine, but the chlorine reacts with ammonia from crop runoff and forms chloramine.

Really, for the slight difference in cost, there is no reason
not to just use a dechlorinator that handles the ammonia.