[APD] Re: What is Malay Fern? (pic)

Seweryn wrote:

> Ok, got some images of the malay fern in question:
>
> www.uq.edu.au/~uqsbiala/malayfern2small.jpg
>
> and the leaves:
>
> www.uq.edu.au/~uqsbiala/malayfern1small.jpg
>
> anyone have any ideas?

This is not the fern that I was thinking of earlier.  My best guess
from the pics would be that it's a member of the Selaginella genus
that Tsuh Yang mentioned.  I think they are sometimes called Peacock
ferns (they're not true ferns, though).  The few species I know of
are all terrestrial.  Does your plant seem to be doing well
underwater?  It looks pretty good in the pic.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee