Re: [APD] Re: driftwood suppliers

All the fake stuff is painted. Some of it is phenolic some
of it's made from other platsics or clay. Paint doesn't hld
up too well in the aquarium. The Hagen stuff holds up
pretty well, especially it you let it beomce covered, using
it just as a base for java fern or anuabias.

If yo don't like the real deal wood and you don't like
plastic fakewood, consider rocks -- no tannins and natural
as can be, atleast if you don't get the stuff that been
drilled for decoration. ;-)

Scott H.
--- David Grim <grim1214 at bellsouth_net> wrote:

> I tried those about three years ago and they didn't fare
> well in the planted
> tank environment. These resin pieces are painted and
> after a week or so in
> my tank the paint started flaking off and it is snow
> white underneath.

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns
to the AGA Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14, 2004 -- Crystal City, Virginia