[APD] Re: Moving Tanks.

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:45:39 EST, <BoiseBobD at aol_com> wrote:

I preface this response with the following advisory: If you have an old
metal frame tank with the gooey black sealing stuff- Do NOT Read this Posting

I have moved tanks across a room and my entire collection of tanks to a new
house across town without removing the fish. I get the tanks down light
enough to lift and then go with them. The angels are uncomfortable for a few days
since I don't use chemicals in the tanks and that limits how fast I can refill
them. For example a bare tank with three inches of water in the bottom can
only take one more inch the first day, unless I have jugs or spare tanks of
water aging overnight.

Bob Dixon

I would have thought that would be far more stressful than a bit of dechlorinator (especially since they remove more than just chlorine, but any heavy metals you may happen to have in your water, not that you will...)?
Also, since angelfish really need a tank 15" high, surely they would be very very uncomfortable in three inches?

I think the old metal tanks _might_ actually be stronger (disclaimer: quite possibly not actually true), since I've heard of people letting the water in them freeze... (don't try this at home, kids).

Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.