Re: [APD] The siphon saga continues...need safety shutoff!

Hmmmm.  I don't see how this would solve the
air-collecting-in-the-siphon-tube problem.  I think that's
a matter of water velocity--so smaller diameter tubing or
higher water flow, unless you stick a microvalve on top of
the siphon and pump out whatever collects there, which is
an easy way to start a sihpon on this kind of setup -- much
easier than snaking an airline up one side and trying to
get it to go to the top of the curve instead of the bottom.

Scott H.
--- Laura Burbage <leuhrich at yahoo_com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I looked around and found a website where someone
> diagrammed an overflow box and explained how it works.
>  It's quite a nice site.  The link is:
> http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/overflow.htm
>
> The nice thing about an overflow box is that if your
> power fails, you won't lose the siphon, then get your
> floor wet when the power comes back on.

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns
to the AGA Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14, 2004 -- Crystal City, Virginia