[APD] Best Plant Supplements

Hi ...another newbie question...I realize this is a very open-ended question with a lot of user preference.

 Are there any commercially available plant supplements that are a "must have" in terms of maintenance.  There certainly are a lot on the market and without having tried them all, I'd like some advice from the experienced.  I'm not stuck on buying commercial products, I don't mind going to alternate sources for cheaper, effective ideas
Specifically, I'm interested in:
1) Algae inhibiting solutions
2) trace elements
3) Potassium or other daily/weekly supplements
4) Iron supplementation  (I have used (Ferro-Vit) in the past , purchased from thatfishplace

thanks a lot

GM