Re: [APD] Re: Top-off systems -- or - On again/Off again relationships

Bob finds bargains. But I'll add the following suggestons:

There's a nice assortment of float switches, veritcal,
horizontal, high voltage and low voltage, plastic metal,
rubber, invertable, etc. at this site. And you can call and
tell them what you're doing and they'll try to help you
out.

http://www.liquidlevel.com/products_switches_standard_vt.htm#poly

With a relay, these also can be useful from preventing your
sump pump from running if the sump level gets too low.

Snap-tite makes lots of solenoids for household appliance
makers. They have more models than you care to look at. But
the WattMiser series includes some items worth considering
and they are rated for continuous duty like the model
2W13W-1NB-A6D2:

https://trorderonline.thomasregister.com/itemdetails.aspx?AZ=59925404&cat=987&origin=TROI&prof=141872&itemid=1097512&phid=91272203&search_type=&searchstring=

The Snap-tite main page is at:

http://www.snap-tite.com/divisions/sv/index.html
>From this page select "General Purpose Valves - 10/32" to
3/4" and you can hunt around from there. Don't be scared
off by the solenoids over $100! The wattmisers cost in the
twenties.

You can order direct online but you have tp page through a
few pages of listings to get to ones you want.

You can download a pdf on these solendoids here:

http://www.snap-tite.com/divisions/sv/pdfs/Wattmize.pdf

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H.
--- BAshcraft at BrashearLP_com wrote:
> > . . .
> > Are there commercial top-off systems on the market?
> > Has anybody built one DIY?  I would be happy to hear
> > about your experiences.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rod
>
> I used this float switch
> http://stores.ebay.com/id=37739416&ssPageName=L2
>
> This solenoid valve, part # 7877K53  from
> http://www.mcmaster.com/
>
> and a refrigerator icemaker hookup kit.  I mounted the
> switch inside a
> piece of 2" pvc just to keep leaves and debris away from
> it.  I have this
> system on 3 tanks and all are working perfectly.
>
> Bob Ashcraft

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns
to the AGA Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14, 2004 -- Crystal City, Virginia