[APD] Top-off systems

Loss from my system is about 6-7 gallons a day.  If
I'm
gone for three weeks I don't want anything important
get uncovered, like a siphon end, a pump, or a heater.
I need a top-off system.

Water flow from an AquaLifter is about 3.5 gallons
per hour.  It occurs to me that with an IceCap timer
and an AquaLifter I might be able to build a top-off
system.

Are there commercial top-off systems on the market?
Has anybody built one DIY?  I would be happy to hear
about your experiences.

Thanks,
Rod