[APD] Re: Growing Glosso Update

Hello, as Byron mentioned CO2 is very important in these 'carpet' plants (as with most plants) but you can go DIY if you go big enough ;) (CO2 canisters were not an option for me).

In my 85gal (US) I have two, 4.5L plastic bottles (the big ones you get juice punches in) hooked up with a airhose leading into the intake of my canister filter.
Each bottle gets 2 cups of suger and 1/2tsp of yeast refreshed weekly. I change one on the weekend, other on Wednesday.  This provides tons of CO2 at a very consistent rate.

Here is a link to CO2 level info
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

If you are not running CO2, see how they grow first.  If it's not what you hoped for, you might want to try some form of CO2 injection.

Peter.