[APD] Re: Growing Glosso Update

Hi guys,

Bill wrote:
>You have 6.5 watts per gallon!  That alone might be sufficient to raise the temperature to the 90's.  I wonder if that enormous amount of light >could have stressed the fish to the extent that ich could wage a successful attack.
>Others here know more about light and most other plants things than I do, but I think if you so much as look at your tank the wrong way you will >have a mess on your hands.  Maybe think about cutting back on the light?

You should read this article...
http://www.fitchfamily.com/lighting.html
It's a different approach to lighting and kind of throws aways that old 3 watt/gallon rule. I believe in the theory cause when i only had 65 watts on my 20 gallon, my red plants were not turning red. I admit, even based on that article i am still a bit on the high side of lighting, but the plants are gorgeous, and the heat is controlled cause the lighting source is 2 power compacts that have a fans on them. Besides, i think the fish got ick not through stress, but through the introduction of some new fish that had ick on them.

which brings my to Candy's comment.I know i should have a sick/quarantine tank.i may get one yet.. but i'm just "fishing" for other suggestions. Turning up the heat to 85 degrees sounds like a plan, but i'm afraid my plants can't handle that. I believe my cyperus herefi and lace plants don't like high temps. I don't want to be cruel, but my plants and shrimps are all important.