Re: [APD] Red Sea Phosphate Test Kit

If, by reasonably priced, you mean a kit that is fairly
priced and works very well and eaasy to read, then you
can't beat the LaMotte.

If you meant relatively inexpensive, then go with the
SeaChem kit.

Scott H.
--- Billinet at aol_com wrote:
> I recently purchased the Red Sea Phosphate test kit.  I
> chose it because the
> colors on the chart were vivid and easily differentiated.
>
> I was disappointed to find that the test results didn't
> come close to
> matching the chart.  The colors on that ranged from
> bright yellow, for zero ppm,
> through four blue greens, each obviously different from
> the others, to dark
> purple.  The color that I received from the test was a
> pale blue that didn't match
> anything.  I ran a second test, reducing the sample size
> by 50%, and I still
> received a pale blue, although it was a little darker
> than the preceding test
> result.
>
> A test of a second sample from a different source
> returned a very pale green,
> which also didn't match anything.
>
> When I emailed Red Sea about this they sent a replacement
> test kit, but it
> produced the same result.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced phosphate
> test kit?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns
to the AGA Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14, 2004 -- Crystal City, Virginia