Re: [APD] Canon A80 settings

Hey there,
I've had an A80 for about a week now. Simplest ways:
I'd say, use a tripod if you can AT ALL. Place the camera a few feet from the tank in AUTO mode, and turn the flash off. Make sure no lights in the room are glaring off of the tank glass and the aquarium lights are on. Turn the camera's self-timer on and let it take the photo without you touching the camera to cause shakes.
For fast moving fish, put the camera on SPORT mode, and this will automatically set everything for catching fast movement.
For getting close up shots, use AUTO mode, and then put the camera on Macro focus(press the button with a flower on it.) You have to remember to turn the flash off again, every time you switch modes. It's the one thing on this camera I don't like.
Hope that helps a little
-Chrys
http://chrys.addr.com/aquarium/

Clint Brearley wrote:

I'd like to get some better shots of my planted tank, but my old point-and-shoot el-cheapo 35mm camera just won't cut it. A friend of mine has just got a Canon A80 digital camera and said I could borrow it. I'll only be able to borrow it for a short amount of time so won't have the time to fiddle around with the settings and get a feel for it.

Can anyone with experience using this camera be able to suggest what settings to use to get the best pictures possible? Thanks.

Clint Brearley
Melbourne, Australia