[APD] fish for small planted tank

Karen Randall wrote:
 > Or think native!  Alabama
> rainbow shiners, Okeefenokee sunfish and several others are outstanding fish
> that really have no place in a typical tropical tank, but will be start
> attractions in a small planted tank set up just for them.

My favorite native for a small tank is Heterandria formosa.  Currently, I have them with neon tetras and cherry shrimp in a 20 gallon, but in the past, I kept a eight or ten in a 2 gallon tank.  They're active, breed easily, and don't eat their fry.  They may be hard to find at the lfs (check ghost shrimp tanks for stowaways), but they seem to be readily available from various online sources.

Nick
--
Nicholas Plummer
nickplummer-at-att-dot-net