Re: [APD] Trickle filter and co2

It depends on a number of things. How much CO2 your system
can produce and how fast you are shedding CO2 from the
water now.

I had a tank that conserved CO2 rather well and changing
form a canister to a trickle doubled my CO2 use. I know of
an example where someone had tan that did not conserve as
well and the change to a trickle did not mean a 100%
increase in CO2 use.

I would bet that, if your CO2 system can produce about
double or more the amount of CO2 it produces now, then you
will have no problem maintaining your CO2 levels.
Otherwise, or if you tank is relatively inefficient at
conserivng CO2, then you will probably have to add more CO2
resources, more or bigger bottles.

Scott H.
--- James Hogan <spree_rider at hotmail_com> wrote:
> I am setting up a DIY trickle filter and was wondering if
> the trickle filter
> would interfere with my co2 system its DIY as well. Will
> the trickle filter
> rid my water of co2 faster than it will be added or is
> this a good filter
> for use with co2.  also would it be better to inject the
> co2 into the sump
> of the filter or directly into the tank?

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns
to the AGA Annual Convention