Re: [APD] Re: lighting efficiency coefficient -- or - Lacking effective Content

--- Steve Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca> wrote:
> I agree that the currently available data for typical
> configurations
> lacks measurements with water in the tanks.

I think you missed the point. The data is missing. Except
for Ivo Bushko's excellent work, one is hard pressed to
find any much other than manufacture's lumen and watt
ratings for bulbs. It's not a problem of no one having
techniques for measuring, it's a problem of lack of actual
measuring, lack of publishing, or both.

> The LEC for a typical configuration is useful because it
> gives a method
> to predict . . .

Only actual measurements would be useful and that's what's
lacking. It's not a conceptual void, it's a data void. I
mean, it's not as if everyone is sitting around and pining,
"If only we had a technique, then we could measure and know
what's what." The existing techniques work well when used
properly. Heck, even watts per gallon works pretty darn
good and you can almost trip over that data.

I don't see the point of trying to come up with one more
technique for mathematical manipulaton of data if the data
isn't available.

Ivo's work is impressive and illucidating. *L*et's
*E*xplore *C*oncepts can be fun but that's not the same the
thing as *I*nformation *V*erified *O*perationally.

Scott H.

=====
S. Hieber

Amano Returns