[APD] zeolite NO3 adsorption

Thomas,

Have you checked into zeolite (or zeolyte) as a possible absorptive (or adsorptive) material for the substrate? It was recommended
to me by an hydroponics guru at the local hydroponics outlet when I was describing my clay ball + ammonium nitrate experiment.

I tried some Urea in clay balls recently but got low levels of ammonia in the aquarium water after a couple of weeks. I think I will
run a series of experiments in jars. You have to be really careful to ensure that the clay ball interior with the fertilizer is well
sealed from the exterior.

For reference <http://mineral.galleries.com/minerals/silicate/zeolites.htm>
<http://www.nutri-tech.com.au/articles/Zeolite.htm>
<http://www.zeolite.com.au/products/zeolite.html>
<http://www.gtamart.com/mart/products/zeolite/ua.html>
<http://ias.vub.ac.be/General/Adsorption.html>

There are a TON of Internet references to zeolite. One of the more fascinating applications is as a feed additive for domestic
livestock!

Steve