[APD] Re: The Art of Lighting a BowfrontTank

Similar experiences here. I have a 90g bowfront, which I think is a 72g tall. The lfs sold me 2 110W PC striplights, which don't fit quite right... but that is another story. (I had the tank stuff in mothballs for 6 months before I set it up so I did not notice right after the purchase.)

Anyway, my tank is pretty new so I don't have many plant observations yet. But it does seem like my light is more evenly dispersed than yours is. This may be due to the extra elevation, so I would try your idea of raising the lights first. Ultimately another 55W light in the very front will be the best solution though, I bet.

Good luck,
Matt