[APD] I Need Serious Help

Hey Everyone,
I've been keeping apistos for a few years now.
Everything was going great until about two years ago.
I have a 30 gallon tank. It has a double flourescent with two thirty watt Triton bulbs, a Fluval 303 canister which I fill with Sea Chem DeNitrate and PhosGuard. I use RO water, to which I add Seachem Flourish Trace elements, and a touch of Seachem Discus Buffer. I have also been trying Flourish Excell to help add some carbon. I have also recently changed the filters in the RO unit.
I fight with this slime algae, and I am losing. I also have the black hair algae.
My tank is disgusting. My plants are choking. My fish can't be happy. I have been changing water, sucking, picking and netting this stuff out of my tank every couple of days for so long now that I can't even remember.
It has one large sword which will be removed within the next few days. I believe it is hogging all the light, and possibly the nutrients as it takes up almost half of the tank. There are mostly anubias, javas, and some crypts. Nothing too demanding. All the plants are in a state of dormancy.
I see tanks on the net that look so clean and sparkling beautiful that they almost look fake. I have never been able to reach this state of cleanliness in my tanks, and have been trying for a very long time. I would love to become an Amano wannabe, but I am not even close.
Can anyone help me get my tank to this level? or at least a much healthier enviroment than it is?