[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 6, Issue 37

I haven't tried this because my Aquaclear 402 powerhead is way too powerful for my small 10 gallon with green water, but I suspect you may also be able to filter for diatoms with the Aquaclear Quick Filter powerhead attachment.  The cartridges filter to 1 micron and are about $5 for two.  The Quick filter attachment is like  $8.00 if I remember correctly.  Useful if someone already owns an Aquaclear powerhead.