[APD] Plants for low tech tanks?

Well, I have finally given up trying to use our raw well water in any form.
I tried running it through a basic 5micron sediment filter and the resulting
water ended up a nice dark looking iced tea color after being exposed to air
for a day.

So, I am going with RO water and adding salts back in to reconstitute it.
Since it looks like I will have a shot at some decent tanks again, I wanted
to get some suggestions for plants for some low tech tanks.

I have 2 - 10G tanks that I am settin up.  Both have 2- 10W compact
fluorescents with fluorite substrate.  I am looking for some plants that
will grow well (slow is ok) in these tanks that do not require a lot of
maintenance.  I like to save the higher maint plants for my high tech tank.
In particular I'd like plants that I don't have to trim the tops and replant
(like rotala indica, etc).  The stuff grows fine, it just is a royal pain to
keep looking nice.

Both of these tanks will have livebearers in them which means a good mixture
of fry and adults will be scooting around in them.

I also will have a 37G "tall" tank here soon that I'd love suggestions for.
It also will be low tech.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

--
Robert Chady
Cadott, WI  where we have more snow now than we've gotten in the last couple