[APD] Re:OUCH! Water so hard you could knock on it!

I believe there is the possibility the hardness came from salts (epsom).
I was dosing a regular amount on water changes on something I had read
it's good for the fish.  Apparently, dispite my 50% weekly water changes
there has been a whole lot of buildup.  I did a water change last night
without readding any, susequent tests showed hardness dropped 9 degrees
to 15.  I plan another mid-week water change, and another on the weekend
to help soften the water.  I'm also going to test tonight to see if
something isn't leaking that would have raised the GH in the past 24
hours.  If it has raised, I will use the other technique mentioned by
another person posting here, to test the rock and gravel.

Thanks,
Dave T.