[APD] Dr Algaelove-or how I stopped worrying and learned to love Cladophora

More unsolicited advice. I've had a recent outbreak of very persistant thread algae I think cladophora. It was particularly bad on a piece of driftwood and on the gravel. In the end I tangled a large floating clump of Riccia in the offending algae on the driftwood and the result has been great. The riccia is outgrowing the algae and the algae is bindng the riccia well and unlike inert bindings like monofilliment this binding grows with the riccia. I now plan to hide all offending clumps not on plants with riccia.

Tony Eales
Brisbane