Re: [APD] Mars Retail Plant System.

Well to start with the lighting is going to insure that the plants don't survive long. Even with the stock lighting you would only be at 1 wpg which is still very low for a tank this size, BTW, what are the tank dimensions?

As for the water tests. Flourite doesn't leach nutrients into the water column. Normally in a retail situation you want enough light to keep the plants from melting and rely on turn-over to move them before they really require fertilization. Once you get to the point where you are having to fertilize the plants in a retail situation you are lost.

Does this store have any display tanks? I find that stores that have at least one display tank and hopefully more will sell more plants. The best thing is to have a minimum of three tanks. One low light, one medium light and one high light and stock each one with the best examples of the plant types that grow in each amount of light. At least one of these tanks should be in a 75 gallon range and none of them IMHO should be smaller than 40 Breeder. You want and need the visual impact. While I know that setting up these show tanks requires a large outlay of cash, they will sell plants. Try to stock the tanks with plants that YOU will be able to keep in stock. It does no good to have a display tank full of plants that you don't have available for sale.