Re: [APD] Re: Bubbles? -- or - The results are in!

--- David Terrell <Dave at terrellclan_com> wrote:
> So, I made the needed modifications to my reactor
> tonight.  . . .I've put up
> a few pics that can be seen here:
> http://www.terrellclan.com/reactor.html
> It's a handful of pics, so you dial-up go-ers, heads up!
> . . .I also want to modify it so that there is a 'burp'
> valve
> at the top to
> get rid of built up extra gases.

With any luck, it won't be necessary. When things are
operating well, there should not be a continuous increase
in the amount of gas in the reactor.

But if you want one, any well made microvalve will work.
You can try to thread one into a small whole in the PVC,
but it will be hard to have it not leak -- there's always
epoxy.  Plastic microvalves will work but if they are not
clsoed jsut right, they have a slight tendency to leak.
That's my experience anyhow using them on u-tubes on
over-the-rim overflow boxes.

> . . .
> ~$14.00 - PVC tube, fittings, etc.
> ~2hrs work (less if you do it right the first time)
>
> That doesn't include the clear tube, that was a gravel
> vac tube I had

Clear PVC is very expensive, 2" stuff can be $2-$3 per foot
and usually *not* sold in 1 or 2 foot increments.

Clear acrylic, much cheaper than PVC, can work if you can
find the right size.

This place sells some:
http://www.aquaticeco.com/aquatic1v1/itempg.icl?secid=24&subsecid=131&catid=1257&orderidentifier=ID10759846887344A6732&itmid=5390&dirpage=dir3&iteminfo4=0&eflag=0&curitempos=6&numitems=24

So does Usplastics.com :