[APD] Re: The problems with generalizations4

> From: "Steve Pushak" <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
> George B once quoted a table of LSPs & compensations points for several
> aquatic plants. I bet its one of the reasons that George is so stingy with
> his lighting levels. Could it be that he's onto something? George: you're
> far too quiet these days. Have you still got that table?

The table is from a little known plant book "The Complete Book of Aquarium
Plants" by Robert Allgayer and Jacques Teton (1987, ISBN 0-7063-6614-X).

Plants (genera)    Amount of lighting (min, type, max) lumens/m^2 (Lux)

Surface Plants    850, --, 8000
Myriophyllum    850, 3500, 4000
Bacopa             700, 1000, 2500
Hottonia            850, 1200, 5000
Ludwigia           850, 1200, 4500
Aponogeton      850, 1400, 4000
Cerapteris         850,   900, 4500
Nomaphila        850, 1400, 4000
Rotala               850, 1400, 3500
Vallisneria         600, 1200, 3000
Echinodorus      500, 850, 2200
Sagittaria           700, 800, 1800
Crytocoryne      700, 800, 1600
Marsilea            500, 600, 1500
Microsorium      500, 600, 1500

How about making a personal copy this time so I don't have to type it in
every two years.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (gbooth at frii dot com)
 The website for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
   http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/  (mirror)
   http://www.frii.com/~gbooth/AquaticConcepts/