[APD] RE: generalizations

Tom made a number of good points, as usual.  I agree with them, as usual,
also.

If I am reading correctly (and that is always a question), he and Laura seem
to be saying the same thing, that broad generalizations aren't particularly
helpful, that there are a lot of ways to skin the cat or kill the plant, and a
generalization like "Plants need good light, a good substrate, and CO2" is of
no use to a newbie or anyone else.

I am starting to think that this is more a semantic thing than anything else.

I can't remember the name of the forum that didn't like deviations from their
how-to-grow-plants standard rules.   The chief moderator said that they
catered mainly to newbies and they didn't want to confuse them with too many
alternatives.

Bill