[APD] Re: Fluorescent lights close to the water surface

You may want to consider the impact of added heat.  I have 75 G with 4 X T8
58 W. They are very close to the water surface ( 1 inch or so ) and they
can replace my water heater during the day time, temperature will rise 1-3
degrees ( depending on the room temperature ). I had to build in a
ventilator to keep the water from becoming too hot in the summer because of
this. Previously the lamps were more than 2 inch from the surface and I had
no heating issues.
If you are going to fit 6 or 8 in a hood , it's going to be a lot of heat,
even with fluorescents.

suisoman Dirk