From: aquatic-plants-bounces+inquartata=comcast_net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+inquartata=comcast_net at actwin.com]On
Behalf Of Bill Wichers
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 8:45 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] RE: Excessive mail bouncing

>I, too, am getting bounces today, but I don't use AOL. Wonder
>what's up with that. I haven't been bounced from the list, yet,
>tho. Casting about for what's new and different: is this somehow
>related to the MyDoom virus? All other emails arrive normally 'cept
>this one.
>
>Bill

The MyDoom worm might be part of the problem, but it's only really been a
problem for the past 2 days. We bounce about 3 infected messages per minute
on our system at work (we are an ISP), and the load is about 30% higher
today than it was yesterday, and yesterday was about double what a normal
Tuesday is. This is *bad*, so everybody make sure your virus scanner is up
to date and that you are current on patches. There is more detailed info on
the latest batch of worms and viruses at http://www.cert.org

         -Bill